Environmental Exchange Box Program
HCTF Education's Environmental Exchange Box Program is a place-based learning program offering classes in BC opportunities to explore, learn and share about the biodiversity of their local places with a partner class. Are you looking for a method for your students to express and reflect on personal or shared experiences of place?
Deadline: October 15th
What is an exchange box?
The exchange box is a physical box that participating classes will receive when you sign-up in the Environmental Exchange Box Program. What is put into the “exchange box” depends on the creativity of your class but here are some ideas:
- Plant rubbings-bark, leaf, stem
- Poetry, stories
- Models of things found in nature
- Video or presentations
- Newspaper articles
What is included in the Environmental Exchange Box program?
- An Exchange Box will be provided to each participating class. Each box contains information and resources to get you and your class started on explorations of your local place(s).
- Support from an assigned WildBC Facilitator.
- Free resources on completion of each exchange.
- Free mail and shipping options.
- Commitment to undertaking at least one exchange with your partner class before the end of May.
- Open to K-9 classes (French and English) in B.C.
- Get outdoors to explore and learn about your local place(s).
- Create contents for the exchange box with your class.
- Exchange and share with your partner class!
- Share a photo or story of your exchange our our padlet, social media or with your assigned facilitator.
- Complete a post exchange survey.