Get Outdoors or GO Grants provide field study grants for K-12 classes to help get students outdoors learning about B.C.'s biodiversity of fish, wildlife, and their habitats. GO Grants cover transportation, outdoor field study equipment and or program or leader fees to support student learning and connecting outdoors in nature.
GO Grants are available to individual K-12 classes in B.C. for requests up to a maximum of $600.
Criteria for GO Grants must be:
- conducted outdoors in a nature setting;
- focused on learning about BC’s biodiversity of fish, wildlife, and their habitats;
- support curricular big ideas or competencies;
- involve hands-on or experiential activities for students;
- planned with before and after learning extensions; and
- conducted with care and consideration for the environment.
Eligible items covered:
- transportation (bus, boat, mileage etc.) although we encourage nearby locations to reduce our carbon footprint.
- field study equipment for students to use outdoors (e.g. dip nets, pH meter, magnifiers, field guides etc.) to a maximum request of $300.
- field study leaders, honorariums for community volunteers or elders, middle and secondary school teacher on call costs, and or program fees.
Deadlines: September 1st and February 1st