Get Outdoors or GO Grants provide field study grants for K-12 classes to help get students outdoors learning about B.C.'s biodiversity of fish, wildlife, and their habitats. GO Grants cover transportation, equipment and or program fees to support student learning and connecting in nature.
GO Grants are available to individual K-12 classes in B.C. for requests up to $600.
Criteria are for field studies:
- conducted outdoors in a nature setting;
- focused on learning about BC’s biodiversity of fish, wildlife, and their habitats;
- involving students actively participating in experiential/hands-on activities outdoors;
- including pre and post learning extensions; and
- conducted with care and consideration for the environment.
Eligible items covered:
- transportation (bus, boat, mileage etc.) although we encourage nearby locations to reduce our carbon footprint.
- field study equipment for students to use outdoors (e.g. dip nets, pH meter, magnifiers, field guides etc.). Maximum request is $300.
- field study leaders, honorariums for community volunteers or elders, middle and secondary school teacher on call costs, and or program fees.
For more information please read the GO Grants Overview or visit: https://hctf.ca/education-go-grants/
Deadlines: September 1st and February 1st